$1275
$2000

Dalai Lama presentation sold out

Tickets for the Dalai Lama’s Oct. 10 presentation at Ithaca College sold out Wednesday morning, 90 seconds after they became available to students, faculty and staff.

In an Intercom announcement Wednesday, Michael McGreevey, executive assistant to the president, said tickets for the event were purchased by 9:02 a.m.

“The ticket sales were conducted online via University Tickets and they have confirmed that there were no security issues and that tickets went on sale at 9 a.m. and not earlier than this,” he said. “We worked with the Namgyal Monestary [sponsors of the event] to hold extra tickets for IC until August so that our community, primarily new, first year students, would have an opportunity to obtain tickets,” he said in the post.

Tickets for the event, open to the public and the college community, first went on sale in May. The 300 additional tickets released this week were open only to college students, faculty and staff.

The presentation, titled “Dharma Talk: Eight Verses on Training the Mind,” is scheduled for 2 p.m. in the Ben Light Gymnasium. Remote on-campus viewing locations will be available on the day of the event so those without tickets can view the presentation, McGreevey said.

$1275
$2000