$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Dean Erlich announces plans for retirement

Howard Erlich, dean of the School of Humanities and Sciences at Ithaca College, announced Monday his plans to retire in May 2008.

Erlich will spend the 2008-09 academic year on sabbatical and has the opportunity to rejoin the faculty in the Department of Speech Communication in Fall 2009, according to Dave Maley, associate director of media relations.

Erlich taught courses in speech and rhetoric as an assistant and associate professor for 15 years before he was hired as interim dean in 1988 and became dean the following year.

During his time as dean, Erlich served as chair of the Core Experience Task Force, an initiative developed under the college’s Institutional Plan to create a shared student experience. He also directed the Hewlett Foundation grant to support student and faculty collaborations. In January, he was chosen as chair-elect of the American Conference of Academic Deans, a national organization which sponsors professional development opportunities for academic administrators.

$1495
$2000