$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Fifteen faculty awarded tenure

In addition to setting the budget for the 2011-12 academic year, the Ithaca College Board of Trustees awarded 15 faculty members promotions and tenure. Eight faculty members were granted emeritus status.

At the meeting, current and retired faculty members gathered to celebrate colleagues who were being honored by the school.

The following faculty members were awarded tenure and promoted from assistant to associate professor: Daniel Breen, Department of English; Paul Geisler, Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences; Jason Freitag and Michael Smith, Department of History; Aaron Weinberg, Department of Mathematics; Annette Levine, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures; Pablo Cohen and Nicholas Walker, Department of Performance Studies; Craig Duncan and Rachel Wagner, Department of Philosophy and Religion; Matthew Sullivan, Department of Physics; John Scott, Department of Television-Radio; and Colin Stewart, Steve TenEyck and Don Tindall, Department of Theatre Arts.

The following retired faculty members were named professor emeritus: Vicki Cameron, retired 2009, Department of Biology; Charles Grace, retired 1995, Department of English; Douglas Armstrong, retired 1995, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures; Francoise Gebhart, retired 1996, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures; Anne Rodda, retired 2000, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures; Stephen Brown, retired 2009, Department of Performance Studies; Arthur Ostrander, retired 2008, Department of Music Theory, History, and Composition and School of Music Dean; and George Schuler, retired 2001, Department of Psychology.

In order to be granted emeritus status, the retired individual must have had at least 20 years of continuous service with the college and must have been recommended by the chief executive officer of the campus.

$1520
$2000