$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Gay pride celebrations under way

Members of Ithaca College’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community are celebrating “Gaypril” with a month of events.

This year’s events include speakers, films and traditions like the faculty ZAP, a panel representing diverse sexual orientations that answers questions and talks about personal experiences.

Sophomore Genevieve Labe, campus community outreach committee chair of prism, the college’s gay-straight alliance, said she is most excited about the ZAP.

“ZAP’s a really good way of learning and also of interacting,” Labe said. “The majority of people learn so much when they interact with what they’re trying to learn.”

April is also Asian Heritage Month, so prism and the Asian Culture Club are collaborating to bring Magdalen Hsu-Li, a folk singer who identifies as Asian and bisexual, to campus April 15.

“It’s a great way for our two months of recognition to overlap,” said junior Stephanie Masline, co-president of prism.

Other events include the Day of Silence on April 18 and a Drag Prom on April 27.

$1375
$2000