$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Ithaca College sophomore dies unexpectedly

Courtesy of Ithaca College Athletics
Sophomore Thomas Fine majored in architectural studies in the Ithaca College School of Humanities and Sciences. He was also a pole vaulter on the men’s track and field team.

Ithaca College President Shirley M. Collado and Rosanna Ferro, vice president for student affairs and campus life, notified the campus community via email May 16 that sophomore Thomas Fine died unexpectedly May 15. 

“Please keep Thomas and his loved ones in your thoughts and prayers,” the email stated. “At a time when we are celebrating the end of the academic year, we ask that you also please continue to look out for one another.”

Fine was from Hauppauge, New York, and graduated from Hauppauge High School. He was an architectural studies major in the Ithaca College School of Humanities and Sciences as well as a pole vaulter on the men’s track and field team.

The college will share information about memorial services with the campus community when it becomes available. 

Support services are available for students through the Center for Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) by calling 607-274-3136. Students who need immediate assistance can call the Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management at 607-274-3333 or on-duty residential life staff. The Office of Religious and Spiritual Life has a website dedicated to grief resources and can also provide support by contacting Hierald Osorto, executive director for student equity and belonging and executive director of the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life, by emailing [email protected]. Faculty and staff can access the counseling services of the Employee Assistance Program by calling 1-800-327-2255.

$1260
$2000