$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Ithaca College student dies unexpectedly

Junior+Abby+Paquet+was+majoring+in+applied+psychology+in+the+School+of+Humanities+and+Sciences.+During+her+time+at+the+college%2C+she+was+the+treasurer+for+the+college%E2%80%99s+Habitat+for+Humanity+chapter%2C+a+student+employee+for+Information+Technology%2C+a+Dean%E2%80%99s+List+student+and+an+inductee+of+the+Oracle+Honor+Society.+
Courtesy of Abby Paquet’s Facebook
Junior Abby Paquet was majoring in applied psychology in the School of Humanities and Sciences. During her time at the college, she was the treasurer for the college’s Habitat for Humanity chapter, a student employee for Information Technology, a Dean’s List student and an inductee of the Oracle Honor Society.

Ithaca College President Shirley M. Collado and Rosanna Ferro, vice president for student affairs and campus life, informed the college community via email that junior Abby Paquet died unexpectedly March 30.  

“Along with the entire IC community, we offer our sincerest condolences to Abby’s family, friends, classmates, professors, co-workers and all who are affected by her passing,” the email stated. “Let us all please pause to keep Abby and her loved ones in our thoughts and prayers, and to please continue to look out for one another.” 

Paquet was from Williamsville, New York, and graduated from Williamsville South High School in 2018. She majored in applied psychology in the School of Humanities and Sciences. Paquet was treasurer for the college’s chapter of Habitat for Humanity, a student employee for Information Technology, an inductee of the Oracle Honor Society and was a Dean’s List student, the email stated.  

There will be a gathering for the college community to remember Paquet at 4 p.m. March 31 over Zoom. Information about funeral services will be shared with the college community when it is available, the email stated. 

“We ask that you continue to take care of yourselves and one another, and to keep Abby and her loved ones close to your heart as we grieve this loss,” the email stated.

Support services for students are available through the Center for Counseling and Psychological Services by calling 607-274-3136. Students needing immediate assistance should contact the Office of Public Safety at 607-274-3333 or the on-duty staff for the Office of Residential Life. Faculty and staff can access the counseling services of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) by calling 1-800-327-2255. The Office of Religious and Spiritual Life has a website dedicated to grief resources, and can also provide support by contacting Hierald Osorto, director for the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life, at [email protected].

$1495
$2000