$1275
$2000

Update: Man airlifted to Syracuse after fall on campus

Update 11/17: A college-age man who is believed to have fallen from a balcony of Clarke Hall Nov. 14 was still hospitalized as of Nov. 16, but his condition has improved and his injuries are not life-threatening, according to an update by David Maley, senior associate director of media relations at the college.

The cause of the fall is currently unknown. However, the victim has indicated that he does not have any memory of what occurred, Maley said.

The investigation by the Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management is still continuing at this time.

“That investigation has not yet identified any witnesses or any evidence of foul play,” Maley said. “We do not know if it will be able to conclusively determine the circumstances surrounding the incident.”

Original story:

A college-age man, who is not an Ithaca College student, was flown to Upstate Medical Center, a regional trauma center, for injuries sustained from a fall on Ithaca College’s campus Nov. 14.

According to a news statement by Lieutenant Thomas T. Basher Jr., public information officer for the Ithaca Fire Department, the man is believed to have fallen from a balcony and suffered serious injuries. A LifeNet helicopter flew the victim from campus to the medical center in Syracuse, the statement said.

The Ithaca Fire Department and Bangs Ambulance were already on the scene of an Emergency Medical Services call when the Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management “flagged down” the firefighters and paramedics.

The college has confirmed the man was not an Ithaca College student, but cannot confirm anything further about his identity or medical condition.

“The victim is not an Ithaca College student, and Public Safety is continuing its investigation right now,” Maley said. “We cannot identify the victim at this time other than to say that he is not an Ithaca College student.”

$1275
$2000