$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Man found dead near Ithaca College Los Angeles campus

A man was found shot dead outside of the Ithaca College Los Angeles campus Nov. 29.

Diane Gayeski, dean of the Roy H. Park School of Communications, said in an announcement that, according to police, the man was “targeted” and was killed by a gunshot wound. The incident did not seem to be a random act of violence, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. All students at the ICLA campus have been accounted for and have been reported safe, according to the announcement.

“While we believe this was an isolated incident, the safety and well-being of our students is paramount, and the complex will be increasing security measures and patrols as our students finish out their final week in Los Angeles,” Gayeski said.

The man was around 30 years old and is believed to be a part of an Armenian gang. The murder could be related to another case under investigation by a separate LAPD unit, CBS Los Angeles reported.

Gayeski did not specify the identity of the man and said he was found dead in a parking structure located near the housing complex for the ICLA campus. She said if anyone has any questions or concerns about the incident, they can call the Park School Dean’s Office at 607-274-1021 or the ICLA campus at 323-851-6199.

$1260
$2000