$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

More charges filed in car robbery case

The Office of Public Safety recently pressed seven additional charges against two students arrested in connection with several vehicle break-ins last semester.
Laura Durling, assistant director of patrol and security services, said sophomore Danielle Varricchio and freshman Jennifer Forman were both charged with five counts of criminal possession of stolen property in the fifth degree — a misdemeanor — in addition to the original felony charge of criminal possession of stolen property in the fourth degree put forth in December.

Forman was also charged with grand larceny because she admitted to stealing a credit card, Durling said. She said Varricchio was charged with an additional count of criminal possession of stolen property in the fifth degree because of items found in her dorm room during the execution of a search warrant.

Andrew Bonavia, the assistant district attorney of Tompkins County, said his office is actively investigating the case, and the women may face indictment by a grand jury.

Durling said Public Safety has not received any additional responses from the campus-wide alert issued in December, but the case isn’t closed.

“We still have property that hasn’t been claimed,” Durling said. “Cases are technically never closed.”

$1375
$2000