$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

POC at IC to hold “Demands Walk-Out” Dec. 11

Yana Mazurkevich/The Ithacan
Members and supporters of the group POC at IC participate in the first walk-out Nov. 11. Another walk-out had been scheduled for Dec. 11.

POC at IC, the student group that has been protesting the college’s racial climate and calling for the resignation of President Tom Rochon, will hold a “Demands Walk-Out” event Dec. 11.

The event will start at 1:10 p.m. at Free Speech Rock on the Academic Quad, according to a post on the group’s Facebook page. This week, the group has been holding an occupation of the Peggy Ryan Williams Center, the main administrative building on campus. The post encourages attendees to wear all black and walk out of their classes “to present demands and observe Tom Rochon’s display of incompetence to lead as President of our institution.”

The group emerged in October following the planning of a racially themed party by off-campus fraternity AEPi and racial remarks made by alumni of the college at the Blue Sky Reimagining Kick-Off event Oct. 8. It held its first walk-out Nov. 11, at which over 1,000 students walked out of class to call for Rochon’s resignation.

$1495
$2000