$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Public Safety is investigating threatening graffiti

The Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management is investigating a report of threatening graffiti written on a chalkboard and whiteboard in a classroom on the third floor of Friends Hall.

Public Safety sent out an alert Saturday evening with a warning about graffiti that indicated intent to cause harm to the Ithaca College community.

Laura Durling, assistant director for administrative services at Public Safety, said the graffiti occurred between 11 p.m. Friday and 1:30 p.m. Saturday.

“There is no direct threat regarding a specific person or building or property and that’s all the information that we have right now,” Durling said.

The Public Safety Alert is asking the community to report anything or anyone that seems suspicious.

“All threats to persons and property are taken seriously and in light of recent national events, we remain on heightened alert,” the alert stated. “As always we remind our campus community to immediately report all unusual or suspicious persons, vehicles and activity.”

Durling said she is unable to comment on the contents of the message because the investigation is ongoing. 

Anyone with information should contact Public Safety at 274-3333.

Check back later for updates.

Assistant news editor Noreyana Fernando contributed to this report.

$1495
$2000