September 16, 2021
Ithaca, NY | 60°F

News

Public Safety Logs April 5–11

April 5

V&T Leaving Scene of an Accident

LOCATION: J-Lot

SUMMARY: A caller reported that an unknown vehicle struck a parked vehicle and left the scene. Patrol Officer Kevin McClain responded.

Fire Alarm Accidental

LOCATION: Circle Apartments

SUMMARY: Simplex reported a fire alarm. The officer reported that the alarm activation was caused by burnt food. Master Patrol Officer Bob Jones responded.

Accidental Property Damage

LOCATION: Garden Apartments

SUMMARY: Maintenance requested assistance for a resident who was refusing to open a door for a water leak in the area. Residential Life staff also responded to assist. The officers gained access to the area and maintenance found the leak had caused damage to the bathroom area. One person was referred for failure to follow college regulations. Patrol Officer Sophia Dimkos responded.

April 6

Fire Alarm Accidental

LOCATION: Circle Apartments

SUMMARY: Simplex reported a fire alarm. The officer reported that the alarm activation was caused by burnt food. Fire Protection Specialist Max Noble responded.

Public Health Law

LOCATION: Upper Athletic Fields

SUMMARY: A caller reported that individuals playing soccer were not wearing masks. The officer reported that everyone was found not wearing a mask. Master Patrol Officer Bob Jones responded.

April 7

Off-Campus Incident

LOCATION: Alumni Circle

SUMMARY: A person reported to an officer that they believed an item was stolen from their vehicle that was parked off campus. The officer instructed the person to call the Tompkins County Sheriff’s Office to report the crime. Master Patrol Officer Bob Jones responded.

April 8

Medical Assist/Illness Related

LOCATION: Hill P.E. Center

SUMMARY: A caller reported that a person passed out. The officer reported that the person declined medical assistance. Patrol Officer Kevin McClain responded.

Fire Alarm Accidental

LOCATION: Terrace 12

SUMMARY: Simplex reported a fire alarm. The officer reported that the fire alarm activation was caused by burnt food. Fire Protection Specialist Max Noble responded.

April 9

Assist Ithaca Police Department

LOCATION: All Other

SUMMARY: Tompkins County 911 requested information about a known person involved in leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident in the City of Ithaca. Security Officer Kevin English responded.

Medical Assist/Illness Related

LOCATION: Lower Quad

SUMMARY: A caller reported a person having a seizure. The officer reported that the person was transported to the hospital by ambulance. Patrol Officer Sophia Dimkos responded.

April 10

Public Health Law

LOCATION: Academic Quad

SUMMARY: A caller reported a large group of individuals not wearing face masks and not social distancing. The officer reported that the individuals were located and no violations were observed. Patrol Officer Sophia Dimkos responded.

Criminal Tampering 3rd Degree

LOCATION: Eastman Hall

SUMMARY: A caller reported that a door on a vending machine was unsecured. The officer reported that no damage was observed and the door secured. Patrol Officer Sophia Dimkos responded.

The Ithacan can be reached at ithacan@ithaca.edu or via Twitter: @IthacanOnline