$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Public Safety Logs Feb. 22–28

File Photo

Feb. 22

Fire Alarm Accidental

LOCATION: Circle Apartments Building

SUMMARY: Simplex reported a fire alarm. The officer reported the alarm activation was due to burnt food. Master Patrol Officer Waylon DeGraw responded.

Check on the Welfare

LOCATION: The Athletics and Events Center

SUMMARY: A caller requested a check on the welfare for a person that was exhibiting concerning behavior. The officer determined the person was not a threat to themselves or others. Patrol Officer Joe Opper responded.

SCC Fire Safety-Related Offenses

LOCATION: West Tower

SUMMARY: A caller reported an odor of marijuana. The officer reported a person was issued a conduct warning for fire safety and burning of a candle. Patrol Officer Joe Opper responded.

Accidental Property Damage

LOCATION: Landon Hall

SUMMARY: A caller reported accidental damage to a television. The officer reported that the damage was photographed and documented. Master Patrol Officer Bob Jones responded.

Feb. 24

SCC Fire Safety-Related Offenses

LOCATION: Friends Hall

SUMMARY: The Office of Environmental Health and Safety reported one person was referred for failure to leave the building during a fire drill. Charlie Sherman, fire and building safety coordinator, responded,

Medical Assist/Psychological

LOCATION: Terrace 12

SUMMARY: A caller reported a person needed to be taken into custody under mental health law and the person was transported to the hospital by ambulance. Patrol Officer Mayra Colon responded.

Medical Assist/Injury Related

LOCATION: G-Lot

SUMMARY: A caller reported they had fallen on icy stairs Feb. 18 and injured their leg. The person had sought medical attention on their own that day. Master Patrol Officer John Elmore responded.

Harassment 2nd Degree

LOCATION: The Campus Center

SUMMARY: A caller reported a person made a possible threat. The officer referred one person for harassment and for failure to comply. Master Patrol Officer Waylon DeGraw responded.

Fire Alarm Accidental

LOCATION: The Center for Natural Sciences

SUMMARY: Simplex reported a fire alarm. The activation was caused by water leaking into the heat detector. Fire Protection Specialist Max Noble responded.

Accidental Property Damage 

SUMMARY: The officer reported water damage to the ceiling and heat detector. The officer determined the water damage was caused by a roof leak. Patrol Officer Joe Opper responded.

V&T Leaving the Scene of the Accident

LOCATION: L-Lot

SUMMARY: A caller reported an unknown vehicle damaged a parked vehicle and left the scene. Patrol Officer Joe Opper responded.

Medical Assist/Injury Related

LOCATION: Hood Hall

SUMMARY: A caller reported a person accidentally poured boiling water on their hand. The person declined medical assistance. Sergeant Don Lyke responded.

Feb. 25

Medical Assist/Psychological

LOCATION: Boothroyd Hall

SUMMARY: A caller reported a person having an anxiety attack. The person was transported to the hospital by ambulance. Patrol Officer Sophia Dimkos responded.

Medical Assist/Illness Related

LOCATION: Hilliard Hall

SUMMARY: The Tompkins County 911 Center reported a person with severe abdominal pains. The person was transported to the hospital by ambulance. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

Making Graffiti No Degree

LOCATION: Academic Quad

SUMMARY: A caller reported an unknown person wrote graffiti in chalk on the sidewalk. Patrol Officer Kevin McClain responded.

Fire Alarm Accidental

LOCATION: Circle Apartments Building

SUMMARY: Simplex reported a fire alarm. The activation was caused by burnt food. Master Patrol Officer Waylon DeGraw responded.

Unlawful Possession of Marijuana

LOCATION: Terrace 10

SUMMARY: A caller reported an odor of marijuana. The officer referred two people for unlawful possession of marijuana. Master Patrol Officer Waylon DeGraw responded.

Feb. 26

Safety Hazard/Environmental Hazard

LOCATION: Circle Apartments Building

SUMMARY: A caller reported a computer leaking battery acid. The officer reported the computer was placed in a plastic container and will be turned over to Ithaca College Information Technology.

Feb. 27

SCC Irresponsible Use of Alcohol/Drugs

LOCATION: Landon Hall

SUMMARY: A caller reported a person vomiting. The officer reported the person was intoxicated, and they were transported to the hospital by ambulance. The officer referred one person for irresponsible use of alcohol and acts of dishonesty. Master Patrol Officer John Elmore responded.

Fire Alarm Accidental

LOCATION: Circle Apartments Building

SUMMARY: Simplex reported a fire alarm. The activation was caused by burnt food. Sergeant Don Lyke responded.

SCC College Regulations

LOCATION: Garden Apartments 

SUMMARY: A caller requested assistance with dispersing a party. The officer reported two persons were referred for conduct code violation regarding the community agreement and violation of the noise policy. Sergeant Don Lyke responded.

Unlawful Possession of Marijuana

LOCATION: Garden Apartments

SUMMARY: A caller reported a possible fight in progress. The officer reported that upon arrival, all parties were separated. Three persons were referred for unlawful possession of marijuana, violation of the alcohol policy and violation of the noise policy. Two persons were referred for fighting and one person was referred for violation of the community agreement. Patrol Officer Sophia Dimkos responded.

Feb. 28

SCC College Regulations

LOCATION: Holmes Hall

SUMMARY: A caller reported persons in violation of the community agreement policy. The officer reported two persons were referred for violation of the community agreement. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

Medical Assist/Injury Related

LOCATION: Butterfield Stadium

SUMMARY: An officer reported falling due to ice in the area. The officer reported pain in their hip from the fall. The officer declined medical assistance. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

$1495
$2000