$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Public Safety Logs Sept. 13–19

File Photo

September 13

Suspicious Circumstance

LOCATION: Dillingham Center

SUMMARY: A caller reported that an unknown person sounded distressed on the phone. The officer was unable to locate the person. Patrol Officer Joe Opper responded.

Fire Alarm Accidental

LOCATION: Terrace 1

SUMMARY: Simplex reported a fire alarm. The alarm activation was caused by a dirty detector. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

September 14

SCC Underage Possession of Alcohol

LOCATION: Rowland Hall

SUMMARY: Office of Student Conduct reported one person referred for underage possession of alcohol. Lieutenant Michael Nelson responded.

Assist Tompkins County Sheriff’s Office

LOCATION: State Route 96B

SUMMARY: Tompkins County 911 reported a three-vehicle personal injury motor vehicle accident. Officers and Environmental Health and Safety assisted with traffic and people involved declined medical assistance with ambulance staff. Tompkins Sheriffs Office is investigating. Patrol Officer Kevin McClain responded.

September 15

Medical Assist/Psychological

LOCATION: Tower Concourse

SUMMARY: A caller reported that a person made threats to harm themselves. The person was taken into custody under New York state mental hygiene law and was transported to the hospital. Patrol Officer Kevin McClain responded.

Medical Assist/Injury Related

LOCATION: Fitness Center

SUMMARY: A caller reported that a person was accidentally struck in the head with a barbell. The person declined medical assistance. Patrol Officer John Norman responded.

September 16

Medical Assist/Injury Related

LOCATION: Fitness Center

SUMMARY: A caller reported that a person lifting weights injured their shoulder. The person declined medical assistance. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

SCC Disruption/Excessive Noise

LOCATION: Terrace 6

SUMMARY: A caller reported that an unknown person was screaming incoherently and lunging at other people. The officer determined that the person was not a threat to themselves or others. The person was referred to Student Conduct for causing a disturbance. Patrol Officer John Norman responded.

September 17

Suspicious Circumstance

LOCATION: Flora Brown Drive

SUMMARY: A caller reported that an unknown person in a vehicle approached a pedestrian and offered them a ride. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

SCC Drug Violations

LOCATION: East Tower

SUMMARY: A caller reported that a person was incoherent after taking marijuana edibles. The person was taken into custody under New York state mental hygiene law and was transported to the hospital. Four people were referred to the Office of Student Conduct for violation of drug policy. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

September 18

Medical Assist/Injury Related

LOCATION: Wood Field (Soccer)

SUMMARY: A caller reported that a person playing soccer (NCAA event) sustained a concussion and was experiencing double vision. The caller requested an ambulance. The person was transported to the hospital by ambulance. Patrol Officer Mayra Colon responded.

Medical Assist/Psychological

LOCATION: Tower Concourse

SUMMARY: A person reported being depressed and wanted to speak with a professional. The person was taken into custody under the New York state mental hygiene law and was transported to the hospital. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

SCC Responsiblity of Guests

LOCATION: Landon Hall

SUMMARY: A caller reported an odor of marijuana. The officer located the odor but not the people responsible. The officer warned the residents about being responsible for their guests. Patrol Officer Shawn Lansing responded.

September 19

SCC Irresponsible Use of Alcohol/Drugs

LOCATION: Terrace 10

SUMMARY: A caller reported that a person may have been drugged. The officer determined the person was not drugged but intoxicated. The person declined medical assistance and was referred for irresponsible use of alcohol. Patrol Officer Daniel Redder responded.

Petit Larceny Under $50

LOCATION: Campus Center Quad

SUMMARY: An officer reported people taking and moving chairs and tables. The officer warned people about stealing and tampering with property. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

$1495
$2000