$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Student passes away unexpectedly

Junior Andrea Celeste Morton passed away suddenly this morning because of a sudden medical condition.

Morton, a clinical health studies major and a resident assistant in Emerson Hall, was recently honored with the Peggy R. Williams Award for Academic and Community Leadership.

Terry Martinez, director of student engagement and multicultural affairs and was involved with choosing the recipients of the Peggy R. Williams award, said Morton was a member of the Physical Therapy Association, the Oracle Society and chorus. She also studied abroad for a semester in China.

Brian McAree, vice president of student affairs and campus life, said Morton’s death is a loss to the community.

“We have just lost an incredible young woman who was a valued member of the Ithaca College community,” he said. “Our hearts and prayers go out to her family, her friends, her faculty and her fellow students at this very difficult time. We will keep everybody in our prayers.”

Will Waldau, a former student at the college who had Morton as a resident assistant last year, said Morton was a genuine person.

“She was always happy,” he said. “Full of life — that’s how she was. She was always happy no matter what.”

Jill Trottier, a resident assistant in Emerson Hall and friend of Morton’s who took classes with her, said she loved being at the college and made a great addition to the campus community.

“She was always smiling, she was always happy and she cared a lot about how people are doing,” she said.

Members of the campus community are welcome to attend a vigil at 6 p.m. today in Muller Chapel. Anyone needing support can visit the chapel or call the Counseling Center at 274-3136.

Check back for more information throughout the day.

$1495
$2000