$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Editorial: Park pioneer

From inside the studio walls of Newswatch 16 to the design labs of Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, signature traces of John Keshishoglou, founding dean of the Ithaca College School of Communications, remain.

Known to graduates as “Dr. Kesh,” the pioneer of media education passed away Aug. 24. His support for international scholarship and creative activity has given Ithaca College a competitive edge among other top academic institutions with prestigious communications programs.

On campus, students get practical experience working with the college to plan events like Convocation and design materials for its rebranding campaign. They also serve the local community by broadcasting news to 26,000 homes in Tompkins County and providing promotional services to organizations like the Ithaca Health Alliance.

Today, Park faculty members model Kesh’s dedication to the students in their willingness to shape students’ professional and creative growth in their communications endeavors.

Were it not for Kesh’s global outlook and belief that media should be grounded in social responsibility, students would not receive the hands-on experience the Park School offers to get them ready for the professional world.

$1375
$2000