$1275
$2000

Letter to the Editor: Ithaca local thanks two IC students

I am writing to thank 2 very kind Ithaca College Students who helped me one dark, crisp Friday night after someone hit my car. I want to thank them publicly as there is so much pain, conflict, and negativity happening in our world and on the Ithaca College Campus that I wanted to highlight the kindness and generosity of 2 strangers who came to the aid of a stranger in distress.

On Friday, November 6th, Gallery Night in Ithaca, as I was driving up 96B, and just passing the intersection of 96B and Clinton St., the left side of my car was hit and severely damaged by an oncoming vehicle turning left (no one was hurt!).

Among the people who came to my aid were two Ithaca College students living near by. Alexis and Kelly helped me calm my dog Una who was quite upset from the impact. They walked and petted her until she calmed down and stayed with her so I could take care of business. I appreciate their kindness, sensitivity, and support during a very difficult time.

There is truly simple kindness in the world that we sometimes fail to recognize in the midst of the opposite happening all around us. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at Ithaca College.

Fran Spadafora Manzella
Town of Ithaca

$1275
$2000