$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Letter to the Editor: SGA candidate for upcoming year

Hello! My name is Alex McKeen, and I’m one of the candidates for the SGA Class of 2017 senator.

Here’s a little bit about me: In high school, I was the president of my youth group, the junior assistant scoutmaster of my scout troop and the executive producer of my school’s television department. Here at Ithaca, I’m one of the assistant producers for Sunday Newswatch and a member of the ultimate-frisbee team.

Now, if you’re reading this, then there’s something about Ithaca that you like. You like reading The Ithacan — I know I do — or you just love being updated on Ithaca news. If you’re here at Ithaca, there was something that you saw when walking the campus tour or reading online that made you want to come here. Something clicked in your mind that said, “This school is great,” “I love the campus,” or “I love the people.”

Aspects around campus that need to be changed shouldn’t take over that love for our school. Ithaca College’s “Commitment to Excellence” is something we should stand by, because, as the Class of 2017, we shouldn’t settle for anything less than excellence.

As your SGA senator, I will make sure your voices are heard, because this school shouldn’t be run on what I want to change or what I want different. It’s what you want, and together we can make anything happen. Thanks for your time, Ithaca!

$1375
$2000