$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Villainizing allies won’t help

In response to “Email urges more work over Cortaca” and the commentary “Drinking should not dominate college tradition,” I would like to share the extensive experience Students for Sensible Drug Policy has had working with Nancy Reynolds.

As president of SSDP, I can attest that our actions on campus have attracted a considerable amount of support from the student body, which should know that Nancy is our closest ally. No other Ithaca College staff or faculty member has come out in support of reducing punitive penalties for certain drug and alcohol offenses as often or as strongly as she has. We worked with Nancy to pass the Medical Amnesty Policy, and we are close to equalizing sanctions for marijuana and alcohol use on campus. She also provided a compelling letter of support for the New York State 911 Good Samaritan Law, which helped convince the New York legislature to pass it earlier this year.

Every student should recognize the tremendous amount of effective advocacy Nancy has done on their behalf. These policies benefit every student daily and can potentially save their lives.

Evan Nison ’12, Business Administration Management/Marketing

$1495
$2000