$1275
$2000

Bombers split second double-header against RIT

After sweeping Rochester Institute of Technology in a double-header Friday, the baseball team split its second double-header against the Tigers yesterday on the road.

The No. 24 Bombers took the first game 6–1 but fell 2–1 in the second, ending their eight-game win streak.

Junior Tom Fishback threw a complete game in the Bombers’ victory, allowing just one run on three hits through seven innings of work. The complete game was Fishback’s first of his career.

Senior Matt Samela led off the game with a double and eventually scored on an infield error to give the Bombers an early lead.

In the second game, sophomore Dan Lynch also pitched a complete game in a losing effort. He allowed just five hits in six innings of work and struck out four.

The Blue and Gold scored their first and only run of the game in the first inning. Junior Jon Krakower led off with a single and scored on an RBI single by sophomore Trevor Wolf.

Though the Bombers out-hit the Tigers 9–5, they could not come through when it counted as they left 10 runners on base.

The South Hill squad continues its season at 4 p.m. Wednesday when it travels to SUNY-Cortland to take on the No. 15 Red Dragons.

$1275
$2000