$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Bombers take two of four against Rochester and RIT

One of the main goals of the men’s crew this season was to avoid getting off to the same slow start they did last year. If Saturday’s varsity 8 and novice 8 wins against the University of Rochester and the Rochester Institute of Technology is any indication, that shouldn’t be a problem.

The Bombers won the first varsity race in 5:52.93, also finishing second in the second varsity race in 6:18.37. The third varsity 8 and second novice 8 finished second and third, in the third varsity 8 race in 6:37.17 and 6:46.66, respectively.

Junior Joe Bagliere said he was pleased with how the Bombers handled both the winds affecting the course and their competitors themselves.

“Considering conditions, it was a little windy today but I think we did really well,” Bagliere said. “We won. We beat two very good crews, RIT and U of R. To be honest, our races last week were a little more clean but we had a little more power today and we were really more together as a team in terms of timing. “

Senior co-captain Chris Lisee said the past two weeks of competition have set the tone for the season, showing the rowers what they need to do the rest of the year.

“Last week we proved that we could row well through the body of the race,” Lisee said. “This week we proved we can row hard against opponents. We were sloppier than we were last week, but we rowed more powerfully this week. What we have to do next week is combine those two elements so we can row well with power.”

Sophomore Erik Abrahamson said part of the reason for the rowers’ success was their concentration.

“We got our movement together, we got our power back and just got dedicated,” he said. “That’s what it’s all about. We just have to stay in the game.”

The Bombers’ next races are Saturday at Cayuga Inlet against Skidmore College and St. Lawrence University in their final home meet of the season.

$1495
$2000