$1275
$2000

Bombers’ third varsity 8 claims victory

Women’s crew finished up the regular season against boats from four other schools yesterday in Pittsfield, Mass. The Bombers’ third varsity boat set the tone, posting a first-place finish against Williams College.
The women’s first varsity 8 boat beat out Bates College by 2.2 seconds, finishing second to Williams with a time of 6:54.7 to William’s 6:48.3. The remainder of the first varsity 8 field was rounded out with Division I Marist College in fourth with a time of 7:13.3 and the Coast Guard Academy fifth in 7:19.8.

In the second varsity 8 race, Ithaca finished third to Williams and Bates, finishing with a time of 7:11.9 and roughly 17 seconds behind first-place Williams. The rest of field was filled out with Marist and the Coast Guard in 7:20.0 and 7:38.8, respectively.

The women’s third varsity 8 boat led the way for the Bombers, competing in a two boat race against Williams, and beating out Williams by 5.3 seconds for the victory. The Blue and Gold recorded a time of 7:21.1 to Williams’ 7:26.4.

In novice competition, the Bombers’ novice 8 finished second with a time of 7:55.3, 9.2 seconds behind Marist.

Women’s crew returns to competition at the New York State Championships at 8 a.m. Saturday in Whitney Point, N.Y.

$1275
$2000