$1275
$2000

Bombers win in double overtime

The women’s lacrosse team opened up Empire 8 play with a 14–12 defeat of Rochester Institute of Technology in overtime this afternoon.

The seesaw matchup ended after two overtime periods when sophomore attack Nicole Borisenok put one in the back of the net on a free position shot three minutes into the second overtime. The game saw a total of four lead changes and seven ties.

Borisenok and senior attack Kylie McClure were quite the tandem, helping the Bombers outscore the Tigers 3–1 in the extra periods. Borisenok scored a goal two minutes into the first overtime to make it 12–11, before the Tigers tied the score again with under a minute to play. McClure then assisted on Borisenok’s third and the game’s final goal. Each of them finished with a team-high five points.

Junior midfielder Katie Hurley had four goals in the first half, and the Bombers clung to a 7–6 lead at the half on a goal scored by sophomore attack Racquel Lividini. Both teams rallied from two-goal deficits in the second half, and the Bombers lead for 10 minutes before the Tigers scored late in regulation.

Ithaca caused a total of 16 turnovers in the matchup, with senior midfielder Katherine Bixby and sophomore defender Siobhan Sullivan forcing three each.

Freshman goalie Jess Worthman played the entire game in net, making 11 saves in her first collegiate win.

Ithaca continues Empire 8 play tomorrow at St. John Fisher College.

$1275
$2000