$1275
$2000

Cross-country competes at the Geneseo Invitational

The men’s and women’s cross-country teams traveled to Geneseo, New York, to compete in the Geneseo Invitational on Oct.3.

Senior Sawyer Hitchcock led the men’s team, placing seventh overall, finishing at 25:20.3. Crossing the finish line next, only 28 seconds behind Hitchcock, was sophomore Tim Chappell, placing 37th out of the 534 runners. Junior Jesse Capellaro placed 89th and third for the Bombers, coming in at 26:30.5.

Behind them was junior Chris Gutierrez, junior Shane Connor, freshman Owen Memelo and freshman Sam Hayden rounding out the Blue and Gold’s top seven.

The men’s team ranked 15th overall out of 38 competing schools, while the women placed 13th overall out of 32.

Sophomore Denise Ibarra crossed the finish line first for the women’s team in a time of 22:53.3, placing her 40th out of 453 competitors. Next was senior Anna Fay in 72nd place in a time of 23:24.8. Junior Kristin Lynn trailed shortly behind in 107th place with a time of 23:48.6.

Senior Michaela Cioffredi, sophomore Christina Rucinski, freshman Emilie Mertz, and senior Trisha Ignatowski rounded out the women’s top seven runners.

Both teams will compete next Oct. 10 in Clinton, New York.

$1275
$2000