$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Deputy Athletic Director takes on new role at the University of Chicago

File Photo/The Ithacan
Erienne Roberts, deputy director of athletics and senior woman administrator at Ithaca College, will be starting a new job as the Deputy Athletic Director for Internal Operations at the University of Chicago on June 1.

Ithaca College announced May 2 that Erienne Roberts, deputy director of athletics and senior woman administrator at Ithaca College, will be starting a new job as the Deputy Athletic Director for Internal Operations at the University of Chicago on June 1. 

Roberts, who joined the college as an assistant director of athletics in 2018, was promoted to her current role in 2022. In a statement on the college’s athletics page, Roberts said she will use her experience from the college to help her move forward in her career.

“The successes I’ve realized at Ithaca College are a result of working with individuals who are passionate and care deeply about what they do and how they do it,” Roberts said in the statement. “We’ve centered the student-athlete experience and wellness with each decision, and I am so blessed to have worked with such good people.”

Roberts’ roles at the college have included Title IX compliance, co-advisor of the Student-Athlete Advisory Council and oversight of sport administration. Before coming to Ithaca College, Roberts worked at Slippery Rock University in Pennsylvania for six years in a similar role.

Susan Bassett ’79, associate vice president and director of intercollegiate athletics, said in the announcement that Roberts had a big impact on the campus community and the student-athletes at the college.

“She has led our NCAA Compliance enterprise with professionalism, consistency and discipline establishing a culture of compliance that will serve us well into the future,” Bassett said in the statement. “She has enhanced our Student-Athlete Advisory Council, worked tirelessly with coaches and been part of every important initiative or event related to Ithaca College Athletics these past five years.”

$1495
$2000