$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Field hockey: Blue and Gold fall 3–1 against nationally ranked team

The field hockey team lost 3–1 to No. 19 William and Smith College. William and Smith scored three goals in the first half. The only Bomber goal came on a penalty corner with no time left on the clock to end the game.

William and Smith freshman midfielder/defender Melanie O’Connor’s shot got behind sophomore goalie Kelly Singleton and William and Smith freshman forward/ midfielder Taylor Cappello followed up the play to score the first goal for William and Smith.

William and Smith’s second goal came on a corner play. William and Smith junior forward/midfielder Kiersten Hamilton scored the goal from the top of the circle. William and Smith senior forward/midfielder Tempe Newson and sophomore forward/midfielder Annie Kietzman each recorded an assist. William Smith had the advantage in corners 8–7.

Less than four minutes later, William and Smith senior forward Natalie Blauvelt received a pass from teammate senior midfielder/defender Sarah Gall to score William and Smith’s third goal.

The Bombers did not allow William and Smith to score in the second period. A penalty corner at the end of the game resulted in the Blue and Gold’s lone goal. Sophomore forward Julia Conroy scored for the Bombers and senior defensive back Key Fox had the assist.

William and Smith outshot the South Hill squad 25–10. Singleton recorded 11 saves and allowed three goals for the Blue and Gold. William and Smith’s goalie, sophomore Taryn Little had four saves and allowed one goal.

William and Smith is undefeated so far this season with a 5-0 record, while the Bombers drop to 3–2 on the season.

The Bombers return to the field, in their first Empire 8 matchup of the season, on the road against Stevens Institute of Technology at noon Saturday.

$1375
$2000