$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Field Hockey: Blue and Gold upended by late goal in loss to SUNY-Brockport

The field hockey team (2–7) appeared to be on the verge of snapping its three game losing streak against SUNY-Brockport (6–4) yesterday. But the Golden Eagles senior forward Kelly-Ann Henry scored a goal in the 63rd minute to sneak past the Bombers at Brockport Field.

The Blue and Gold were trailing 1-0 when sophomore forward Lindsay Flanagan took advantage of a penalty corner and buried a shot from point blank range off a feed from sophomore midfielder Sam English. Flanagan’s goal, her team-leading third of the season, tied the game at one with just under 11 minutes of play remaining.

The South Hill squad could not hold on, however, as Henry slapped in a pass from right in front of the net to give the Golden Eagles the lead for good with 7:41 remaining.

Junior goalkeeper Kelly Singleton bounced back from a rough six-goal outing against Stevens Institute of Technology to make 12 saves for the Blue and Gold.

The Bombers’ offense struggled in the matchup, as they were outshot 11-1 in the first half and 19-10 for the game.

The South Hill squad will continue its road trip with an important Empire 8 Conference matchup 1 p.m Saturday at Washington & Jefferson University in Washington, Pa.

$1375
$2000