$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Field Hockey: Bombers shut out in overtime loss

The offensive struggles for the field hockey team (2—8) continued Saturday, as Washington and Jefferson College (8—1) scored the game-winning goal 3:47 into overtime to defeat the Bombers by a score of 1-0.

After each team failed to score in regulation, Washington & Jefferson junior forward Jennifer Marabella cashed in on a 2-on-1 breakaway and redirected a cross pass from junior forward Arielle King past Ithaca College junior goalkeeper Kelly Singleton to give the Presidents the sudden-death victory.

The Presidents outshot the Bombers 23-8 and failed to convert on any of their 12 penalty corner opportunities. Junior goalkeeper Kelly Singleton submitted a strong performance for the second straight game, tallying 12 saves.

The Bombers are now 1—3 in Empire 8 Conference play and face a significant uphill climb to get back into contention for hosting an Empire 8 Conference Tournament playoff game. The Blue and Gold will look to snap their five-game losing streak when they host the University of Rochester in a 5 p.m. matchup Wednesday at Higgins Stadium.

$1375
$2000