$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Football: Bombers lose on late field goal

The football team fell to Lycoming College 26–24 Saturday in Williamsport, PA. Lycoming senior running back Josh Klienfelter rushed 32 times for 193 yards and a touchdown and teammate senior kicker T.J. Chiarolonza kicked a 23-yard field goal with seven seconds left to lead Lycoming to the victory.

Klienfelter set the pace for the Lycoming offense, averaging six yards a carry, as the Warriors rushed for 232 yards on 45 carries. Following a Bombers’ punt to the Lycoming 49–yard line with 2:10 left in the fourth quarter, the Warriors marched down the field, highlighted by a 27–yard completion from Lycoming sophomore quarterback Zach Klinger to teammate senior wide receiver Ryan Wagaman. After three rushes by Klienfelter, Lycoming set up a field goal attempt that Chiarlonza knocked through the field goal to win it for Lycoming

The Bombers’ offense found a rhythm in the first quarter, led by senior quarterback Rob Zappia who completed all nine of his passes. After falling behind 6–0, Zappia found senior wide receiver Dan Ruffrage for a 55–yard touchdown to put the Bombers up 7–6. The South Hill squad scored another touchdown in the quarter when sophomore running back Clay Ardoin scored from 11 yards out to extend the Bomber lead to 14–6. The Blue and Gold’s offense struggled to get anything going after the first quarter however, particularly in the rushing game. The Bombers were held to minus 14 yards on 22 carries in the game. Lycoming outscored the Blue and Gold 20–10 in the final three quarters.

The Blue and Gold are now 3–1 on the season and will open Empire 8 conference play next week at 1 p.m. Saturday against Hartwick College at Butterfield Stadium.

$1495
$2000