$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Golf: Bombers finish third at ECACs

The golf team continued it’s season with a third place finish at the Eastern College Athletic Conference Division II/III women’s golf championships this past weekend at Blue Heron Hills Country Club in Rochester, N.Y.

The Bombers shot a score of 363 Sunday and their two-day total was 716. The South Hill squad reached a milestone by finishing six shots better than SUNY–Cortland, the first time that the Bombers had beaten Cortland in their two-year history.

Paving the way for the Bombers was freshman Amanda Failla, who finished second overall among individuals in the tournament with a total of 162. Shooting 81 on both days, Failla also shot a record score of 37 on the front nine Sunday.

Behind Failla was sophomore Jackie Young, who had Sunday’s second-best performance on the team with a score of 88. Senior Lauren Ryan, sophomore Brooke Llobell and senior Christie O’Shea all had scores of 97 Sunday.

“Young was a big factor in beating Cortland because of her improvement from the first day to the second day,” Head Coach Dan Wood said.

The Bombers will finish the fall portion of their schedule Sunday and Monday at the Nazareth College Invitational, a tournament that will feature No. 4 Allegheny College and will be played at Ravenwood Country Club in Rochester, N.Y. and Irondequoit Country Club in Irondequoit, N.Y.

$1495
$2000