$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Gymnastics falls to SUNY Cortland in second dual meet of season

SAM FULLER/THE ITHACAN

The Ithaca College gymnastics team lost to the SUNY Cortland Red Dragons 191.000–188.800 Feb. 15 at the Beauty and the Beast meet, which was both a wrestling and a gymnastics meet.

The Bombers won the team trophy of the meet, which was combined for both sports. Since the schools were split into two sports, points were awarded for each wrestling win and top-three gymnastics finish. The Bombers won the tiebreaker 12–10.

Sophomore Victoria Gery tied for second place on vault with a score of 9.65.

On the uneven bars, junior Mina Shernan finished in third place with a score of a 9.4.

Junior Kendra Balcerak and senior Lynley Choate both placed on the balance beam. Balcerak placed second with a score of 9.775 and Choate placed closely behind her for third with a score of 9.725.

The South Hill squad had another strong showing on the floor with a tie for first place between freshman Emily Szembrot and sophomore Carolyn Nichols with a score of 9.775.

The Bombers will compete next against Springfield College at 1 p.m. Feb. 19 in Springfield, Massachusetts.

$1495
$2000