$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Gymnastics places fifth at NCGA East Regional Championships

SAM FULLER/THE ITHACAN

The Ithaca College gymnastics team competed in the National College Gymnastics Association East Region Championships March 19 in Brockport, New York, finishing in fifth place with a score of 185.525.

Three athletes will continue on to NCGA Nationals on April 1 at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. Junior Kendra Balcerak will compete on the balance beam, sophomore Carolyn Nichols on vault, and freshman Baylie Trammell on uneven bars.

The Bombers scored a total of 45.525 points on the balance beam, with sophomore Haley Lyons finishing in 10th place with a score of 9.425. Freshman Paige Landes finished in 11th with a score of 9.400.

On the floor exercise, freshman Emily Szembrot tied for 16th place with a score of 9.575, while sophomore Victoria Gery finished 18th with a score of 9.475.

Nichols placed seventh in a three-way tie on the vault, which secured her spot at nationals with a score of 9.675. Junior Kaylee Pacunas finished in 13th place with a score of 9.575.

On the uneven bars, Trammell finished in a tie for second place with a score of 9.625, which was a personal best. Balcerak and junior Mina Shernan tied for 18th place with a score of 9.225.

Balcerak, Trammell and Nichols will compete in the Division III 2017 NCGA Individual Event Finals on April 1 in Menomonie, Wisconsin.

$1495
$2000