$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Gymnastics places third at Big Red Goes Pink Invitational

SAM FULLER/THE ITHACAN

The Ithaca College gymnastics team competed at Cornell University for the Big Red Goes Pink Invitational on Feb. 9. Despite the Bombersthird-place finish among the three teams, which were The College at Brockport and Division I Cornell University, they achieved their highest score this season with team points, ending the day at 189.375. Their season-best performance fell to Cornell’s first-place finish of 194.000 points and Brockport’s 192.575 points, which earned them second place.

The Blue and Gold racked up season highs in all four events, tallying a 47.350 on vault, 46.825 on bars, 47.125 on balance beam and 48.075 on floor exercise. The Bombers earned nine Top-10 finishes through the four rotations, registering three each on the balance beam and uneven bars.

Senior Nina Bustamante headlined the impressive day. Bustamante declared a strong start for the Bombers, as she posted a 9.800 on the balance beam, earning first place in the event, as well as her career-best score.

Juniors Cassidy Marquette and Paige Landes contributed to the three top-10 finishes on the beam, and both also marked new season-high scores. Marquette tallied a 9.675 to place sixth, and Landes registered a 9.625 to tie for eighth place.

The Blue and Gold held a strong performance on the floor exercise for the second rotation, as they continued to secure season-highs and personal best results. Senior Victoria Gery highlighted the event, as she claimed tenth with her season-best score of 9.750.

In the Bomber’s third rotation, the vault was led by sophomore Marin Sheridan and junior Baylie Trammell. Sheridan earned an eighth-place finish and set a new career high with a 9.675. Trammell finished right behind her teammate in ninth place and also posted a season-high with a score of 9.625.

The South Hill squad finished the day with three top-10 finishes in its last rotation on the uneven bars. Sophomore Lauren Hansen led the pack with a 9.625, a career-high, to tie for fifth place. Trammell and sophomore teammate Savannah Gigandet tied for ninth. Both gymnasts scored a 9.475 on the event. Trammell earned a season-best score, while Gigandet held a strong performance in her first appearance in the team’s lineup this season.

The Bombers will be back in action at 7 p.m. Feb. 13 at SUNY Cortland, as the team heads to the third annual Rumble & Tumble Meet along with both schools’ varsity wrestling programs.

$1375
$2000