$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Gymnastics: Program records fall at tri-meet

The gymnastics team scored a season-high total of 187.250 points on Saturday at the Cornell Invitational in Teagle Hall Gymnasium. The Bombers defeated Division II West Chester University by more than three points, but took third place overall at the meet behind Division I Cornell University and Division II Southern Connecticut State University, which scored 189.525 and 190.050 points respectively.

EM/The IthacanSophomore Shilanna Gallo competes in the uneven bars during the Bombers’ loss against Cornell University.

Floor exercise accounted for 48.125 of the the Blue and Gold’s 187.250 points. All five of the Bombers’ scoring competitors placed in the top 10 in the event and set a new career-best. This score put Ithaca five one-hundredths of a point behind the school record for in a single meet set in 2002, which stands at 48.175 points.

Senior Jessica Bolduc was the top scorer in the floor exercise, setting a program record with a score of 9.875. Bolduc also took third place on the uneven bars competition (9.650) and ninth place overall on the balance beam (9.350). She tallied a season high score on the all-around (38.025), defeating the only other all-around competitor at the meet.

Senior Kay Gordon took second place with 9.775 points and sophomore Meredith Daniels grabbed fourth place with a mark of 9.625.

The gymnastics team will face SUNY-Cortland, Wilson College and Rhode Island College at the Harriet Marranca Invitational at 1 p.m. Saturday in Ben Light Gymnasium.

$1495
$2000