$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Ithaca College men’s basketball team squanders season opener

FERNANDO FERRAZ/THE ITHACAN
Junior guard Joey Flanagan passes to freshman forward Gabe Perez-Ronchetta on Nov. 15 in Ben Light Gymnasium. The Bombers lost to the University of Rochester 104–94.

The Ithaca College men’s basketball team lost its opening game in overtime to the University of Rochester YellowJackets 104–94 Nov. 15 in Ben Light Gymnasium.

The beginning of the first half was played at a ferocious pace, as the teams combined for 59 points in the first ten minutes of the game. The Bombers built a lead as large as 12 points, but in the final five minutes of the half the YellowJackets cut the Bombers lead to one point.

With just over four minutes left in regulation, the Bombers were up 80–79. In the last four minutes of the game, the lead changed four times before the teams found themselves deadlocked 90–90 at the end of regulation.

In overtime, the YellowJackets outscored the Bombers 12–4, and the Blue and Gold had four turnovers and seven fouls. The YellowJackets went on to win 104–94.

In total, four players reached double digits for scoring. Junior guard Marc Chasin had 32 points, including five 3-pointers. Chasin also had seven rebounds, two assists, one block and one steal in 32 minutes of playing time.

Freshman forward Gabe Perez-Ronchetta also had a solid performance in the first game of his collegiate career. The Miami native chipped in 12 points, including three 3-pointers, as well as four rebounds, two steals and one block in 26 minutes of work.

Sophomore forward Peter Ezema added eight points, while also accumulating a game-leading nine rebounds, in addition to three steals and two assists. Sophomore guard Matt Flood had 13 points, six rebounds and three assists, while junior guard Carroll Rich finished with 10 points, seven assists, six rebounds and two steals.

The Bombers return to action at 8 p.m. Nov. 18 when they welcome St. Joseph’s College to South Hill as part of the annual Cortaca Classic.

$1495
$2000