$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Men’s and women’s cross country compete in NCAA Pre-Nationals

The men’s and women’s cross-country teams travelled to the University of Wisconsin–Oshkosh to compete in the NCAA Pre-Nationals meet at the Lake Breeze Golf Club in Winneconne, Wisconsin.

The women took 15th out of 46 competing schools.

The women’s team was led by sophomore Taryn Cordani, who placed 19th overall out of 414 total runners. She completed the 6k in a time of 21:54. Fellow sophomore Denise Ibarra was exactly a minute behind Cordani, earning her 86th place. Senior Michaela Cioffredi ranked 106th and clocked in at 23:09. Senior Anna Fay and junior Kristin Lynn rounded out the top five. The women totaled 471 points for the meet. Freshman Emilie Mertz and sophomore Christina Rucinski also competed, earning 165th and 196th place, respectively.

The men’s squad totaled 588 points from its top five runners, placing it in 22nd out of 45.

Senior Sawyer Hitchcock paced the Bombers, finishing the 8k in 25:20 and taking 40th place. Sophomore Tim Chappell followed up in 83rd, clocking in at 25:48. Juniors Jesse Capellaro and Sean Phillips were two seconds apart in time. Capellaro and Phillips were ranked 139th and 148th, respectively, and the third and fourth finishing runners for the Bombers. Coming in 178th was senior Stephen Gomez. Juniors Shane Connor and Chris Gutierrez were the 217th and 251st finishers, respectively, out of 419.

Both teams are headed to the NYSCTC Championships on Oct. 24 at Hamilton College in Clinton, New York.

$1375
$2000