$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Men’s basketball: Blue and Gold fall in semifinal game

The men’s basketball team fell 88–75 to St. John Fisher on Friday in the Empire 8 conference championship semifinal in Ben Light Gymnasium.

Guard Jordan Gettings, who netted 23 points on 10-of-19 shooting, and guard Brent Harder who added 18 and went 2-of-4 from distance set the tone for Fisher. Fisher shot 53 percent from the field for the game, shooting 57 percent in the second half.

Leading the way for the Bombers was sophomore guard Sean Rossi who finished with 22 points and 10 assists and Chris Cruz-Rivas who finished with 18 points and nine rebounds. Senior Center Phil Barera, the Empire 8 Player of the Year, was hounded by double and triple teams all night and finished with seven points and seven rebounds.

The Cardinals, who went into the locker room at halftime with an eight-point lead, never let the Bombers get back into the game in the second half. Fisher would extend the lead to as high as 17 points late in the second half as the Bombers struggled to put up anything offensively.

The Bombers did jump out to a quick 6–0 lead on three pointers by Jordan Marcus and Chris Cruz-Rivas but Fisher battled back to take the lead for good at the 12:38 mark in the first half, using a 19–7 run to turn a four-point deficit into an eight-point lead.

The loss drops the Bombers to 20–6 on the season and they will now wait to hear if they will receive an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament. St. John Fisher travels to Oneonta, N.Y. to take on Hartwick College in the Empire 8 championship game Sunday.

$1375
$2000