$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Men’s Basketball: Blue and Gold take two games in Rochester

The men’s basketball team traveled to Rochester, N.Y. this weekend for a pair of Empire 8 Conference games. The Bombers won both – defeating Nazareth College 81-59 Friday night and topping St. John Fisher College Saturday by a score of 72-59.

It was the best defensive stretch for the 10–12 (7–4 Empire 8) squad, as the pair of games were the first time all season the Blue and Gold held its opponent to fewer than 60 points.

The last time South Hill held a squad to fewer than 60 points was a 78-59 win against Hartwick College on Feb. 6, 2009.

Junior forward Andrei Oztemel had a remarkable night against Nazareth. Oztemel he went 10 for 10 shooting from the field, seven of which were three pointers, for a total of 27 points. He is only the third Bomber to ever shoot 100 percent in a game.

Sophomore center Tom Sweeney had a career night as well, sinking 27 points. Junior guard Sean Rossi dished out a game-high 17 assists as well.

On defense, the Blue and Gold held the Golden Flyers to 23 percent shooting from the floor and 30 percent from three-point range.

The South Hill squad utilized a second half push to defeat the Cardinals on Saturday. Ithaca trailed by five at halftime, but came out firing in the second half scoring 43 points to Fisher’s 25.

Rossi led the way with 23 points and eight boards. Sophomore forward Frank Mitchell chipped in 19 points and seven boards.

The Bomber defense was once again stifling, holding the Cardinals to shooting 37 percent from the field.

The Blue and Gold head to Elmira College for an 8 p.m. conference contest Friday.

$1375
$2000