$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s Crew: Blue and Gold’s varsity 8 takes third at states

The men’s crew continued its recent trend of strong finishes at the New York State College Championships in Whitney Point, N.Y., on Sunday, winning the bronze medal by finishing third out of six in the varsity 8 final and winning the six-team novice 8 petite final.

One year after finishing in first place in the varsity 8 final, the Bombers’ top boat finished in 6:05.59, behind rivals Marist College and Hobart College. Ithaca’s B team defeated SUNY-Geneseo and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute to win the novice 8 petite final in 6:55.30 for the Bombers’ only win of the day. In the Bombers’ last race of the meet, Ithaca’s A team finished the novice 8 final in 6:33.69, good for fourth out of six behind Hobart, Army and St. Lawrence University.

On the first day of the meet, Ithaca finished the junior varsity 8 final in 6:23.7, good for fourth out of seven behind Hobart’s A team, Marist and Rochester Institute of Technology. The Bombers finished the lightweight four final in 7:33.76, fourth out of five behind Vassar College, Binghamton Univeristy and RPI.

Ithaca concludes its season at the Eastern College Athletic Conference national regatta in Worcester, Mass., on Sunday.

$1495
$2000