$1275
$2000

Men’s indoor track: Bombers Fifth at ECACs

The men’s track team capped off a terrific indoor season by finishing fifth out of 53 teams at the Eastern College Athletic Conference indoor championships. The Blue and Gold broke four school records en route to posting Ithaca’s second-best finish ever at ECACs after winning the title last year.

Senior sprinters Max Orenstein and Jeff Wetmore each cemented their stellar careers in indoor by breaking school records in the 400-meter dash and 200-meter dash, respectively. Orenstein placed seventh in the 400 with a time of 49.46 seconds while Wetmore finished third in the 200 with a time of 22.09 seconds.

The Bombers also broke new ground in the 1600-meter and 3200-meter relays. Orenstein and Wetmore joined forces with freshman Brennan Edmonds and sophomore Chris Mastrosimone in the 4×400 to finish in fourth place and set a new Ithacan standard with a time of 3:18.92. Furthermore, the 4×800 squad of senior Anthony Veroline and sophomores Nate Bickell, Matthew Kastler, and Billy Savage placed fourth and broke a school record that was held since 1983 with a time of 7:51.65

Senior jumper Kyle Devins will likely be the only athlete representing Ithaca at next weekend’s NCAA Championships, as he qualified in the long jump with a distance of 6.90 meters.

$1275
$2000