$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s Lacrosse: Bombers show depth in trouncing of Elmira

The Ithaca men’s lacrosse team (7–6) dominated Elmira College yesterday 14–6 to break a two game losing streak.

Junior captain Tom Mongelli continued to show his value by adding four goals, three of which came in the first period. Mongelli admits the teams confidence has been low as of late, but the early scoring helped give a surge of energy to the South Hill Squad.

“We all knew we had to win,” Mongelli said. “It’s do or die right now.”

The Bombers scored the first six goals of the contest and held the Soaring Eagles scoreless in the third period.

There were 13 Bombers who recorded at least one point in the contest. Sophomore midfielder William Gurowski and freshman midfielder Casey Schattner each scored a pair of goals off the bench. Gurowski said the team depth was the greatest strength for the Bombers in the matchup.

“We ran all sorts of guys through today’s game,” Gurowski said. “That’s always great for everyone being part of a win.”

Senior goaltender David Gal earned his seventh win of the season, making four saves on 9 shots. Sophomore goaltender Luke Robinson played the final 6:30 of the game, giving up one goal and making one save.

The Bombers have three games remaining in their schedule, two of which are Empire 8 contests. The Blue and Gold can automatically qualify for the Empire 8 playoff tournament if they win both remaining conference games against Hartwick College and Alfred University.

Ithaca will next host Hartwick College at 1 p.m. Saturday at Higgins Stadium.

While Mongelli was pleased with the Bombers effort today, he believes his team needs an even stronger effort against a more focused and physical Hawks squad on Saturday.

“I think it’s going to be a stepping stone for us for Saturday,” Mongelli said. “We need to bring ten times more energy and ten times more focus throughout the game on Saturday.”

$1495
$2000