$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s Lacrosse: South Hill squad falls just short in Empire 8 Conference final

The men’s lacrosse team failed to break through the ninth-ranked Stevens Institute of Technology Ducks’ zone defense in the second half and suffered a 10-7 loss in the Empire 8 Championship final today in Hoboken, New Jersey.

The Bombers (12—6 overall, 7—2 Empire 8) scored three straight goals in the second quarter to level the score at five heading into halftime, however the Blue and Gold could only score twice in the second half. Senior attack Devin Weinshank and Tom Mongelli each scored twice for the South Hill squad.

Junior midfielder Nicolas Philippi scored five goals for the Ducks (16—2 overall, 9—0 Empire 8), while fellow junior midfielder Rich Dupras added two scores for the tournament’s top seed.

The loss likely ends the Bombers’ season and stretches their Empire 8 title drought to four seasons. Stevens’ victory marks its first ever Empire 8 title in their fourth season of play in the conference. The Ducks will find out their opponent for the first round of the NCAA tournament tomorrow night.

$1495
$2000