$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s Lacrosse: Squad topples Utica

The Ithaca men’s lacrosse team (6–4) broke a three-game losing streak today with a 20–2 offensive upsurge over the Utica Pioneers.

Sixteen Bombers recorded at least a point in the game, including a hat trick from both junior captain Tom Mongelli and senior captain Mike Silipo. Mongelli leads the team with 24 goals and 29 points.

Junior midfielder Brian Dibetta won eight of 12 face-offs, while senior goaltender David Gal stopped nine shots to earn the win. The Blue and Gold outshot the Pioneers 48–23, with 21 shots coming in the first quarter.

Freshman Ryan Burns recorded his first multi-point game, scoring two goals and adding an assist on Mongelli’s final goal of the game.

The South Hill Squad dominated the first half of play, scoring the first 11 goals. All three of Silpo’s goals came in the first half. The captain broke the score sheet at the 13-minute mark of the first period off a pass from sophomore attack Devin Weinshank.

With the win, Ithaca sits in fourth place in the Empire 8 standings behind Rochester Institute of Technology, Stevens Institute of Technology and Nazareth College, all of whom are 4–0 in conference play. The Bombers will face the number 23 Nazareth Golden Flyers at 1 p.m. Saturday in Rochester, N.Y.

$1495
$2000