$1275
$2000

Men’s soccer: Blue and Gold record loss and draw over the weekend

The men’s soccer team began the weekend with a hard-fought 1–0 loss to Utica College on Saturday before tying St. Lawrence University 1–1 Sunday.

Despite saving six of the seven Utica shots on goal, senior goalkeeper Justin Parlapiano was unable to prevent Utica senior forward Diego Berckeymeyer from putting home a header set up by Utica senior midfielder Roberto Sgueglia in the 83rd minute to give the Pioneers the win at Utica.

Senior midfielder and co-captain Jeff Geyer led the Bombers with seven shots in the game where the Bombers only registered three shots on goal and managed five corner kicks to Utica’s one.

In the Bombers’ match against St. Lawrence on Sunday, junior St Lawrence forward Brendan Gorman was credited with a goal in the sixth minute after an own goal by the Blue and Gold.

The Saints, who came into the match on a 10-game winning streak and are ranked fifth in the Northeast by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America, would have held on for the win if a St. Lawrence player hadn’t deflected the ball into his own net in the 85th minute to tie the game.

Sophomore midfielder Ben Lloyd was credited with the goal for the Blue and Gold and led the Bombers with four shots. Lloyd and Geyer each had a team high two shots on goal in the game.

After two scoreless periods of overtime, the match was declared a draw. Parlapiano made a career-high 14 saves on 15 St. Lawrence shots on goal. The Bombers had only five shots on goal in the game.

The South Hill squad’s record now stands at 3–7–4 on the season. The Bombers next game is their home and Empire 8 conference finale against Rochester Institute of Technology at 2:30 p.m. Saturday.

$1275
$2000