$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s soccer: Blue and Gold win first conference game

A day after losing 1–0 to St. John Fisher College in overtime, the men’s soccer team rebounded Sunday, shutting out the Alfred University 1–0 for its first Empire 8 conference win and snapping a two game losing streak.

The Bombers dominated play from start to finish, outshooting Alfred 16–6, including 11–1 in shots on goal. Unlike the Bombers’ previous match, this game was decided early.

In the 15th minute, sophomore forward Max Grigri sent the ball past Alfred junior goalkeeper Elliott Thorpe to give the Bombers the lead which they held for the rest of the game.

The goal was Grigri’s second of the season and came on an assist by senior midfielder and co-captain Jeff Geyer. Geyer had two shots on goal and four shots overall to increase his team-high season shot total to 25.

Senior goalkeeper Justin Parlapiano, who split halves with junior Evan Kirshner in the St .John Fisher match, played all 90 minutes of Sunday’s game and saved Alfred’s only shot on goal for his first individual win and shutout of the season. This match was the team’s third shutout of the season.

Grigri led the team with five shots and three shots on goal. With the win, the Bombers improve to 2–5–3 on the season, including 1–2 in Empire 8 play.

The Bombers return to action against Stevens Institute of Technology at 1 p.m. Saturday at Carp Wood Field.

$1495
$2000