$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Men’s soccer: Bombers shutout in 3–0 loss

The men’s soccer team was shut out Saturday, dropping a 3–0 decision to the Hamilton College Continentals at Clinton, N.Y. The three goals the Bombers allowed were a season-high.

The South Hill squad fell behind early in the game when Hamilton sophomore forward Anthony Balbo scored on a corner kick in the 5th minute to give the Continentals an early 1–0 lead. Hamilton junior midfielder Frank Campagnano scored in the 30th minute to put the Bombers in a 2-0 halftime deficit. Hamilton sophomore midfielder Jon Sanford sent the ball past senior goalkeeper Justin Parlapiano on a restart in the 73rd minute to end the scoring. Parlapiano saved three of Hamilton’s six shots on goal.

Sophomore midfielder Jack Shirley led the Bombers with two shots, including one of team’s two shots on goal. The Bombers recorded five shots in the game, with sophomore forwards Max Grigri and Ryan Norland each recording one shot apiece. Senior midfielder and team co-captain Matt Baluzy posted the Bombers’ other shot on goal.

The Bombers, who tied SUNY-Geneseo and Rochester Institute of Technology in their first two games before losing to SUNY-Brockport 1-0 last Sunday, are now 0-2-2 on the season.

The Bombers will look for their first win of the 2010 season Tuesday when they take on SUNY-Cortland at 4 p.m. at Carp Wood Field.

$1375
$2000