$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s soccer earns a 0–0 draw against 22nd-ranked Skidmore

After a 3–0 win against last place Empire 8 opponent Nazareth College on Oct. 17, the men’s soccer team traveled to Saratoga Springs, New York, on Oct. 18 to face 22nd-ranked Skidmore College. The Bombers fought hard against the Thoroughbreds. However, the game resulted in a 0–0 tie after going into double-overtime.

Junior goalkeeper Zach Jacobsen had quite an impressive outing, registering 10 saves of the 23 total shots that Skidmore tallied in the game. Throughout regulation and two overtimes, Jacobsen was able to make key saves and lead the Bombers’ defensive-minded attack against the offensive-minded Thoroughbreds.

Skidmore made Jacobsen’s day busy right from the start of the contest. Four minutes into the first half, Skidmore’s Mario Hyman took a shot right in front of the box that Jacobsen was able to make a nice kick save on.  

Scenes like that were constant throughout the contest, with the Thoroughbreds pounding the Bombers’ defense with shot after shot throughout the first half.  

The Bombers’ offensive woes continued through the game, only registering six shots the entire contest, with three going on net. However, the Bombers had their fair share of scoring chances.

Mid-way through the first half, junior forward Sean Forward picked up a rebound shot that Skidmore goalie Eli Kisselbach made a quick save on. The Bombers had very few other chances in regulation after that, as the Skidmore defense was able to break up most of what the Bombers were able to throw at them.

The game required two overtimes to determine the outcome of the match. In the first overtime, Skidmore booted a ball to the side of the net that Jacobsen went to go out to challenge.

Jacobsen was able to block a pass between two Skidmore forwards. On the opposite end, Bombers freshman Jose Contreras was able to get a quick shot two minutes into the overtime, but was turned away by Kisselbach.  

The second overtime continued the stalemate with both teams unable to get much offensive pressure before the final whistle, concluding the match in a 0–0 tie.

The tie brings the Bombers’ record to 4–7–2 with three games remaining in the season. The Bombers currently sit in first place in the Empire 8 despite their under .500 overall record.  

The Bombers return to action noon Oct. 24 at Carp Wood Field for a matchup with Elmira College.

$1495
$2000