$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Men’s swimming and diving: Bombers’ season finishes with All-America honors

Junior diver Derek Rand capped off Ithaca College’s best swimming and diving season in years, earning All-America honors in both of his events, Saturday at the NCAA Division III Swimming and Diving Championships at the University of Tennessee’s Allen Jones Aquatic Center in Knoxville, Tenn.

Rand finished 15th in the 1-meter diving event Thursday and placed 13th in the 3-meter competition Saturday. Rand scored 342.80 points in the consolation finals of the 1-meter diving event, becoming the first Bomber to be named an All-American in men’s swimming and diving since 2005.

Two days later, Rand scored 441.15 points in the finals of the 3-meter diving event to earn his second All-America finish. He’s just the fourth Bombers’ diver ever to be named an All-American.

Rand was the lone representative for the Bombers at the meet despite a 2010-11 season where the team went 15–1 in dual meet action during the regular season and won its first Empire 8 conference and New York State titles since 2003-04. Rand scored enough points in his two events to help the Bombers finish 44th of 48 in scoring at the meet.

$1375
$2000