$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Men’s swimming and diving: South Hill squad win sixth straight dual meet

The men’s swimming and diving team turned in another impressive showing Saturday, defeating Alfred University 173–127 in dual meet action in Alfred, N.Y. It was the Bombers’ sixth straight dual meet win.

Juniors Jeff Rapp and Derek Rand each won two events in the backstroke and diving, respectively, to lead the Bombers. Rapp won the 50-meter backstroke in 24.87 seconds, beating out freshman teammate Connor White, and also won the 200-yard backstroke in 1:59.90.

Rand won the 3-meter diving event with 278.00 points and the 1-meter diving event with 258.70 points. The Bombers swept the top three spots in both diving events with sophomore Martin Brown and senior Mike Glicini finishing second and third in the 3-meter event and Brown and senior Norman Nguyen finishing second and third in the 1-meter event.

The Bombers also were aided by individual victories by freshmen Taylor Van Cott, who won the 200-yard butterfly in 1:58.24, Cheffy Thomas, who won the 200-yard breaststroke in 2:16.84 and White, who won the 100-yard individual medley in 55.46 seconds.

The Bombers also swept both of their relay events. White, sophomore Jake Lichter, Van Cott and junior Antoine Connors won the 400-yard medley relay in 3:35.99 and Connors, freshman Jonathan Wheeler, sophomore Jake Robbins and freshman Zach Kundel won the 200-yard freestyle relay in 1:27.36.

With the win, the Bombers improved their overall season record to 14–1. The Blue and Gold return to action tomorrow at 10 a.m. in the Hill Center Pool when they host the Bomber Diving Invitational.

$1375
$2000