$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s track and field: Blue and Gold win five events at invitational

The men’s track and field team continued its successful start to the outdoor season Saturday, winning five events at the Muhlenberg Invitational in Allentown, Pa., hosted by Muhlenberg College. It was the first full meet of the outdoor season for the Blue and Gold and came just one day after six Bombers competed at Princeton University’s Sam Howell Memorial Invitational.

Senior Ryan Taylor clinched the Bombers’ first win in an event this outdoor season when he won the javelin throw at 52.49 meters while freshman Emmett Dresler finished third at 48.73 meters.

The Bomers picked up another win in the field portion of the invitational when senior and team co-captain Kyle Devins won the long jump at an Eastern College Athletic Conference-qualifying distance of 7.19 meters. Sophomore Brian Maley finishing second in the long jump with a distance of 6.69 meters.

The Bombers also took the top two spots in the 200-meter dash. Senior and team co-captain Max Orenstein won the event in 22.72 seconds just ahead of fellow senior and co-captain Jeff Wetmore, who finished in 22.73 seconds. Junior Dan Moloney turned in another individual victory for the Blue and Gold, winning the 400-meter hurdles in 56.65 seconds.

The Bombers also triumphed in the 4×400 meter relay, which Edmonds, sophomore Chris Mastrosimone, graduate student William Way and Orenstein won in an ECAC-qualifying time of 3:19.76.

The Blue and Gold also had strong finishes from sophomore Matt Confer, who finished third in the 110-meter hurdles in 15.89 seconds and freshman Brendan Wilkins and senior Chris Stahlmann, who were part of a three-way tie for second in the high jump at 1.88 meters.

The Bombers continue their season at 10 a.m., April 9, at the Coach P Open hosted by Moravian College in Bethlehem, Pa.

$1495
$2000